Wednesday, October 27, 2010

INSPIRATION | CLOSE UP AND PRIVATE



Yesterday, Mr. L.A.S of Sartorially Inclined blogged about this spectacular project saying, "I am compelled to mention it again - if not for the mere fact that introducing it to as many people as possible is the least I can do." I was one of those people and now I'm paying the sentiment forward because things this good need to be shared.

For those of you who are unfamiliar, Close Up and Private is an on-going experiment to capture the interplay between style, art, and the individual through photography, painting and video.  The project is created by Danish artist, Sergei Sviatchenko in collaboration with Italian designer, Nello Russo. For this installment they teamed up with Japenese artist Noriko Okaku, to create the video above. (Danish + Italian + Japanese design, no wonder I'm bonkers for this).

In addition to the art,  I was delighted by Sviatchenko's 'Etiquette for the Modern Classist' a collection of truisms on style and life, such as: "The Beatles sir, listen to them – and do so regularly."

And so I was convinced, as I'm sure you will be too, that there is nothing wrong and everything wonderful about this project. It has heart and something to [actually] think about which I welcome after the 'Fashion! Fashion! Trendo McStyle!' fatigue brought on by September.

Don't miss the video above, check out the sampling of images below, and by all means take some time to discover the whole project.  I'm looking forward to following Close Up and Private in seasons to come, which I hope are a great many. - M






No comments:

Post a Comment