Saturday, September 10, 2011

PHOTOS | TWO WEEKS OF DETAILS

At the Tommy Hilfiger S/S 2012 show

Two weeks ago I bought my first real camera in about a decade. It's a Pentax K20D, sold to me by one Mr. Liam Gaws. I am thrilled to have it.  I had been feeling ill equipped for too long - every day seeing things I wanted to capture for this very space, and with no means to do so. Since it arrived, the camera has barely left my face. I'm just getting warmed up again after a five year photo hiatus (I did some artsy fartsy stuff in college) but my life has already benefitted and hopefully this blog will too. Here are some of the menswear focused shots thus far. And you can see all the rest on Flickr. Many thanks to the aforementioned Liam Gaws, the wonderful Justin Chung and the patient Johnny Ridley for their continuing mentorship on this front.  - M

Beer Money
Noah
Julio
Dating bikes
Jess' shirt
Tattoo picnic
Grandpa ties
Porkslap
Hats. Fan.
Gabe
James

Tecateeeeee
Graeme's Tretorns
Jian
Danger.
Allan, designer at Svpply.

7 comments:

  1. These are sweet! It's like Tommy Ton is giving more focus to men than women for the first time. I love your eye for detail - it's impeccable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @joy Far too kind! But thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are really really good, may I ask though where I could acquire one of those shirts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I was referring to the plaid shirt in the picture labelled Jess' Shirt

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kwamz That shirt is from APC but I'm not sure it's for sale anymore. You can ask Jess what site he bought it from though: @jessgagnon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I MUST MUST MUST know about the watch in Noah's photo!!! It's driving me crazy!

    ReplyDelete