Sunday, October 30, 2011

SPECIAL EDITION | THE SIG OTHER x GRAHAM WITHERS Pt. I


Last February, Paul and Dave, the gents of Graham Withers, asked me to collaborate with them on a tie for Fall.  Nine months later, I'm excited to announce that we've released our collaborative effort and I could not be more thrilled with the result.

$84 at grahamwithersclothing.com & other stockists in the US

The final product is 2.5 inches wide made from an English wool tartan in a deep navy and russet stripe with cashmere tipping.  The fabrics were sourced from the veritable Tip Top Fabrics in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, (which is nothing short of a candy store). I handed them off to Graham Withers in August who took the reigns in design, production and product photography, (which was executed by the incredibly talented Joshua Woods).

My original intention was to create a piece that was as original as it was distinctive. So, this weekend I ventured to Red Hook, Brooklyn with a patient and willing friend and my Pentax for a test run. 

Pictured: Zupan Tie by Graham Withers, Crosby Button Down by Saturdays NYC
Woodsman Shirt by Woolrich Woolen Mills, Waxed Camo Jacket by Needles
  
This is is the first of two posts, the second of which will document production and take us to the Long Island location where Dave and Paul make tie magic happen. Stay tuned and by all means, I'd love to hear your thoughts and questions. - M

**Editor's Note** I can say with all honesty this has been one of the more rewarding experiences in my life, and it could not have been possible without the support of a great many including: Dave and Paul, for being the amazing partners, friends, and craftsmen that they are, Jonathan Evans who's got a Graham Withers tie of his own, Joshua Woods, Johnny Ridley, Daniel Edmundson, Jake Gallagher, Jahn Hall, the amazing staff at Tip Top Fabrics and my Mother, Patricia Zupan.

1 comment: